We asked our Head of Customer Support and full-time Supermom, Margot, to round up some entertaining activities that you can enjoy with your kids. Here’s what she has to say:
We all have the opportunity to turn this uncertain time into a memorable one for your family, and this is a great time to connect with our kids. My advice is to be present and enjoy this downtime, let the rules lax for a bit, talk about how lucky we are to have each other and why this social isolation is important for our country, and allow your home to be a safe space for your kids to ask questions and share their feelings.
I also want to provide some of my favorite things to do as a family to entertain the little ones during this time. Hope it brings inspiration to all of you mom and dads out there!
- Write letters and draw pictures to mail to a nursing home (like my daughter is doing below).
- “Camp” in the living room or make forts for a quiet time area or reading nook
- Take virtual field trips to places like the Louvre, or watch animal live cams at the San Diego Zoo or Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Have movie nights where you share some of your childhood favorites and pop some popcorn.
- Come up with a 5-year plan and dream trips that you want to take in the future as a family.
- Read a series of books aloud as a family. Think Harry Potter or whatever is age-appropriate for the whole family.
- Have the kids go through their toys and choose some to donate to kids in need (don’t forget to sanitize them before donating!).
- Learn about something new as a family such as places, important historical events, natural wonders, etc. and share what each of you learned.