Happy Earth Day!
We have been busy this past year making major strides to make Curie as sustainable as possible. Below is our annual update on our sustainability goals.
Becoming a more sustainable brand is an ongoing journey for us. As we’ve grown, so have our options, from the manufacturers we choose to partner with, to the packaging we choose to order from, to the shipping carriers we choose to ship with. With growth and scale, come opportunity, and responsibility, to make sure every piece of our business is aligned with our core values.
Here are some of the strides we’ve made this year that we’re proud to share:
- We made the switch to 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) packaging for our spray deodorant, stick deodorant, and clay detox mask (70% of our business!) with ongoing efforts towards our goal of 100% PCR across all our products
- We use post-consumer recycled paper for our shipping materials, from our envelopes to our boxes to our filler.
- We made the decision to stop using plastic seals on products that ship direct-to-consumer from our warehouse to reduce plastic waste
- All of our manufacturers use eco-friendly manufacturing practices, and two of our biggest are 100% wind-powered.
- We officially got Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free this year!
This is an ongoing journey, and a huge priority to me as a founder (and a nature enthusiast) and to Curie as a brand. We’ll continue to keep you updated as we make strides toward being the most sustainable version of us.